Another use for that lovely slow cooked lamb from a couple of weeks back.
Start with your pasta for the ravioli:
- 330 g/11.6 oz 00 pasta grade flour (it’s the really really fine one)
- 5 eggs
- 400g/14.1 oz of your slow cooked lamb and black olives
Create a little mound of flour and hollow out a ‘bowl’ for whipping your eggs. Crack three whole eggs and one yolk into the bowl of flour and then whip with a fork. Progressively mix in the flour and then start to knead for a good 10 minutes. Make a nice ball of dough and then place in a bowl and cover with cling film. Rest in the fridge for 45mins – 1 hour.
Take some of your slow cooked lamb and olives and shred with your hands in a bowl. You’ll need to shed this down so you can spoon it onto the Ravioli sheets i.e. nice and fine.
Now get your Balsamic Reduction on the go:
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 cup red wine
- half a cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of beef stock
- Small handful of parsley leaves