Every now and then it’s good to stop and do a spot of navel gazing. Although, Naval gazing is also a hobby of mine…
The gorgeous Sonia with her heart warming blog, Life Love and Hiccups, nominated me for the Liebster Award, which is kind of like a bloggy game of tag, where someone gives you ten questions to answer and then you pass on ten different questions to some of your favourite bloggers.
Anyway, I would love to hear your answers, because she has asked some goodies.
What is one possession you could not live without? (not a person or pet)
I’m pretty infatuated with my smart phone, but taps with running water are very handy. However, I have lived without both of those (for very short periods of time), but never in my life have I lived without a notebook and pen. So, the notebook probably wins, even though it won’t help much if I’m needing a shower or to call someone.
What is your proudest moment to date?
What is your favourite comfort food?
Garden vege soup with a HUGE dollop of pesto.
If you could live anywhere in the word where would you choose?
A boat, maybe? Gordon and I have a dream of sailing around the Med for a year. A lot of balls have to land before that can happen, so I really hope I don’t end up hating it if we do end up there.
Who is your current celebrity crush?
Good question. It would be unfaithful to say anyone else other than Johnny Depp.
You are granted three wishes, what would you wish for?
1. This is going to sound cheesey, but I really do wish people would calm the fuck down, so we could have some peace on this planet. It’s making it difficult for me to listen to the news and I like listening to the news, well I used to.
2. I wish/hope our grandchildren’s grandchildren are able to enjoy living here as much as we do.
3. Sometimes, I really, really wish my father was here to enjoy his grandsons, I know he would’ve loved them so.
What 3 words do you think people would use to describe you?
Kooky, nerdy, introvert.
What would be the theme song for your life?
‘Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go’, the song I was nominated in Year 12, because I was always late to school and my love of sleeping has not waned over the years.
What is the nicest compliment you have ever received?
Ahahaha. I’m not sure if it’s the nicest, but when I was nineteen I walked past a building site and one of the guys yelled, ‘Hey muscles!’ and it still makes me chuckle so many moons later.
Ghosts – Do you believe in them or not?
Well, this opens up a can of poltergeists! The short answer: no, but kind of. The long answer is that I suspect Jung was onto something with his theories on the Collective Unconscious and I use that to conveniently explain all sorts of things.
Now, it’s my turn to pass the baton to you, dear reader, and to some fabulous bloggers. Here are my Qs…
1. What are five components of a life well lived?
2. Do you prefer holidaying in urban or rural areas?
3. Is there a song that makes you cry?
4. Has a view, artwork, building or similar taken your breath away?
5. Favourite season?
6. Your ideal Sunday?
7. A book, film or story that has had a big impact on you?
8. Why did you start your blog?
9. What is your idea of an amazing meal?
10. Are you the eldest, middle or youngest sibling or an only child?
Here are the ten fabulous bloggers I pass the baton to:
Astred, Design Cherry
Brooke, Slow Your Home
Jaclyn, Little Paper Trees & Blog Society
Leigh, Absolute Leigh & Blog Chicks
Carolyn, Desire Empire
Kyrstie, A Fresh Legacy
Alison, Talking Frankly
Sarah, Creating Contentment
Rah, Rainbowtatt & Smarter Admins
Link back to the blogger who nominated you
Answer ten questions given by the nominator
Nominate ten other bloggers for the award
Create ten questions for nominees to answer
Notify your nominees