For the Australians amongst you, Michelle Bridges won’t need much introduction. She is the tough personal trainer with heart.
The first time I met Michelle was by chance in a local cafe (she was eating a very healthy muffin and I was not) and yes, she is just lovely and ever since then I have wanted hit her up for the little things that help make her life beautiful and here they are…
- I’ve discovered bomb diving into the pool is an awesome workout. Seriously they are the bomb! Run and jump, then swim to side, get out and repeat. Not only are they ridiculously good fun and annoying to everyone else around, that whole process burns up a gazillion calories.
- I’m a regular exerciser who trains to stay fit in order to enjoy my everyday life. Regularly, however, I will set goals to incorporate into my training for my own self-gratification. That might be to run a distance, push a certain weight or try a specific sport like surfing or skiing. It helps boost motivation.
- My big thing when it comes to exercise is not body shape first and foremost. It’s how amazing exercise is for your head! That to me stands on top of all else and is my own focus for exercise and what I try to instil in others. Yes, training in all its different forms will help you achieve better fitness, power, agility, co-ordination, balance, weight loss and much more, however, my biggest view is always on how it makes one feel and think.
- I’ve found there is nothing healthier or simpler than a dinner prepared on my BBQ – chicken or fish and BBQ veggies. Sooooo easy and yummy.
- I’ve discovered the best time to get my training done is in the morning – that way the monkey is off my back and I feel good and amped for the day.
You can meet and/or take part in a VIP training session with Michelle Bridges at the upcoming Fitness & Health Expo in Melbourne – Melbourne Contention & Exhibition Centre, April 10-12. The Expo will also visit Perth, Sydney and Brisbane in Spring 2015. Visit www.fitnessexpo.com.au for more info.